Following the success of the Gandhinagar Solar Rooftop Solar PV Project, 2011, the Government of Gujarat (GOG) has decided to replicate the Rooftop Solar PV initiative in Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot, Mehsana, Bhavnagar cities in the state by developing a similar pilot project.
The project will use the same model as in Gandhinagar i.e. a PPP based model which assists in rooftop installation through investments in rooftop projects by private individuals. Private rooftop project developers will be selected through a competitive process. Developers will be responsible for leasing Solar rooftops for long periods of time from private individual residential, commercial as well as industrial rooftop owners.
Private rooftop owners will be invited to participate in the program, and private project developers will generate revenue by leasing their rooftop. The benefits of rooftop leasing are known as green incentives.
This is a grid related program, in which a solar photovoltaic (SPV) system will be configured on the rooftop and connected to the electricity grid. Under this project, Government of Gujarat (GOG) has set a target to set up PV installations on different types of Solar rooftops in about 5 MW (i.e. 2000 KW) in five cities in Gujarat as shown in Table 1 below.
Generate Solar Power and sell extra electricity To Vij Company
- Under this Solar Roof Top System scheme, the household electricity user will be able to generate solar power energy in the attic of his house or in the open space owned by him.
- By using or using enough electricity from this solar power energy, the state government will get additional electricity at a cost of Rs. 2.25. By selling at a rate of 2.25 per unit with a 25-year contract, you will also get relief in electricity bills and additional income.
- Residential power consumers will get 40% subsidy on the price fixed for the first 3 kW capacity for solar rooftops, followed by 20 % subsidy on solar rooftops up to a capacity of 3 kW and up to 10 kW.
Solar Roof Top System Price List With Subsidy
Benefits of Solar Roof Top System
- The ‘Solar Energy Rooftop-Solar Energy Rooftop’ scheme implemented by the State Government for the household power consumers-residential category power consumers of the State.
- Gujarat has launched the Solar power Rooftop Scheme, a leading initiative for environmental protection and renewable power production from green energy-clean energy.
- The state government has allocated Rs. Allocated a budget of Rs.1000 crore.
- Ordinary human beings will now be able to become power producers along with power consumers.
- 2 lakh families in the state will be covered under the solar rooftop scheme this year.
How to avail Solar Rooftop System plan?